They Walk Beside You in the Night...
The Night Companion is the first sourcebook for the Night Shift: Veterans of the Supernatural Wars Role Playing Game, the old-school RPG of Chosen Ones, Witches, Survivors, Psychics, and Something Weird. Within its pages, you will find:
- Four new character classes: the Divine Warrior, the Mystic Martial Artist, the Psychic Gunslinger, and the Spirit Rider
- Rules for playing supernatural species including Celestials, Driven, Ghouls, Infernals, Lycanthropes, and Vampires, expanding upon the "Supernatural Race" option in the core rulebook
- New options for generating ability scores for normal, gritty, and cinematic games
- Rules to convert your game from class-and-level to entirely point-buy
- An alternate Alignment system focused on good, evil, light, and dark
- Guidelines to convert your game to a unified mechanic: both d20-based and percentile-based options are covered
- Enhanced combat rules: variable weapon damage, range increments, weapon classes, grappling rules, jumping, drowning, suffocation, poison, disease, and more
- New Arcane Powers and spells, plus enhanced rules for ritual magic
- A GM section that goes behind the scenes of the system, talks about keeping track of your play style options, gives guidelines for creating cults and secret societies, and discusses tropes of sub-genres of horror and how to use them in your game
- Dozens of new monsters, enemies, and NPCs for your game
- New art by industry notable Bradley K. McDevitt, commissioned just for this book. At first, it will be the new classes and species, but more may be added depending on how well the Kickstarter does (see Stretch Goals).
This book really blows the doors off of your Night Shift: VSW game!
What Will It Look Like?
Currently, the book is intended to be a 160-page black and white softcover book measuring 7" x 10". If we reach a high enough stretch goal, it will be published as a hardcover book at 7.25 x 9.25 to match the original core book. The final page count is still to be determined. Layout and graphic design will be a cleaned-up version of that we used in the original core rules. We've learned a little bit since then!